Sunday, February 2, 2014

Writing Black History...Humanity Speaks

In honor of Black History, I attempted to write a piece on the civil rights movement of the 60's, but that all-knowing spirit led me here.

I have always been fascinated by the courage and comittment of the people.  

Remember the Jewish law students who lost their lives suppporting the Civil Rights Movement?

Let them not be forgotten.

Humanity often speaks through visionaries.

Those civilian soldiers shared the vision of Dr. King.  Black Americans had no choice except to march but what about the unselfish acts of others?

Humanity speaks.

The fact that we are one people is best expressed by people who unselfishly lay down their lives for others.

I don't know that I could do that.

Here's what I can do: I can take this  risk: I can appeal to you, the writer, to write about the condition of tens of thousands of isolated Ethopian Jews.

They have been abandoned.

70% of the children have no shoes and have never seen a doctor or dentist.

For more information see:
http://www.jvm.org

Jewish Voice. Ministries, Intl.

I have no affiliation with this organization.

No comments: